Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Having a mind of a critic

As of now, most of my posts have been filled with criticisms. Most of them (if not all) negative.

I can't just help myself from ranting about these things. If I may seem angry, argumentative, or annoying to you, don't worry, I feel that way about myself as well.

I even think that I might need a psychiatrist in the near future.

You see, I an obsessive compulsive critic. Everything I do, everything I say, everything I write, it goes to some sort of filter before I'm able to do, say, or write it.

What's worst? I'm have an obsession with academic correctness. Whenever I use an uncommon word, a scientific term, or any word that I haven't used in a while, I have to check both urbandictionary.com as well as wordwebonline.com (Yes, I also checked links to websites before posting them)

The harder part? I have to read the news everyday and find something to think upon and criticize.
What could have person A done? What is wrong with Senator B's arguments? Why does Bishop C think that way? Why am I reading this when I'm supposed to be working?

Well, it's pretty damn hard to work when your supervisor is watching your every move. It's even damn harder when your supervisor is inside your own head.

No comments:

Post a Comment